De FIA heeft een verduidelijking gepubliceerd waarin de regels staan waaraan de (Wit) Russische rijders zich moeten houden om toch te mogen deelnemen aan races.
De belangrijkste regel is dat (Wit) Russische rijders hun steun niet mogen uitspreken voor de invasie van Rusland in Oekraïne. Ook zijn er ontradende maatregelen om de vlaggen van beide landen te gebruiken.
De volledige regels:
1. I will comply with the decisions of the World Motor Sport Council of 1 March 2022. I understand that any refusal or failure to comply with those decisions will constitute a breach of Article 12.2.1.e of the FIA International Sporting Code, and may result in the imposition of a penalty or sanction under the International Sporting Code, the FIA Statutes, the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, and/or under any other applicable provision of the FIA rules and regulations.
2. I acknowledge the strong commitment made by the FIA to stand in solidarity with the people of Ukraine, the Federation Automobile d’Ukraine, and all of those suffering as a result of the ongoing conflict.
3. I acknowledge that I may only participate in Covered Events in an individual and neutral capacity, and not in any way as a representative of Russia or Belarus.
4. I will not display any Russian/Belarusian national symbols, colours, or flags publicly or via social media.
5. I will not display on my uniforms, clothing, accessories, or other personal items, or on my equipment or cars at any time in connection with my participation in Covered Events or otherwise in my capacity as a participant in Covered Events:
× the Russian or Belarusian flag (current or historical);
× any illustration of or reference to the Russian or Belarusian flag;
× any national emblem or other national symbol of Russia/Belarus (e.g. coat of arms of Russia /double-headed eagle of Russia);
× the words “Russian”, “Russia”, “Belarus”, “Belarusian”, “Russian Automobile Federation”, “Fédération de l’Automobile de Belarus” or the acronyms “RUS” or “RAF” or “BAF”, “FBA”, “BLR” in any language or format; or
× the emblem of the Russian Automobile Federation (“RAF”) or “Fédérationde l’Automobile de Belarus” (“FBA”/”BAF”).
6. I acknowledge that no Russian/Belarusian national anthems will be played at Covered Events. I will not play or sing the Russian/Belarusian national anthem at any official event venue or other area controlled by the FIA or by the organiser or promoter of a Covered Event, or otherwise in connection with my participation in Covered Events or otherwise in my capacity as a participant in Covered Events.
7. I will not make any statements or comments, take any actions, or conduct myself in a manner that is prejudicial to the interests of the FIA, any Competition, and/or motorsport generally. In particular, I will not express any support (direct or indirect) for the Russian and/or Belarusian activities in respect of Ukraine.
8. I will comply at all times with:
a. all FIA rules and regulations, circulars, guidelines, procedures, and other requirements, as amended from time to time;
b. all decisions, rulings, and directions of the FIA; and
c. any applicable sanctions regime.
9. I acknowledge and accept that the FIA may implement further measures or issue further decisions in relation to my participation in Covered Events in light of the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, including the right to refuse me entry into or prevent me from participating in and/or attending any Covered Event. I will comply with any such further measures and decisions.
10. I have read and understood the contents of this Driver Commitment and I acknowledge that it is legally binding upon me.
This Driver Commitment (including any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or relating to it) will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with French law, subject to any conflict of law principles that would mandate the application of laws of another jurisdiction.
All disputes, claims, and controversies arising out of or relating to this Driver Commitment (1) will be fully and finally determined under and in accordance with the International Sporting Code and the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules; or (2) (if the matter in issue falls outside the scope of the International Sporting Code and the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tribunal Judiciaire de Paris.